When you contact Google Workspace support and report issues with your Jamboard, support might ask you for system logs from the devices you’re having issues with. Follow these instructions to collect and send logs to support.
Option 1: Submit feedback on Jamboard
This is the most common way of gathering logs from a Jamboard. You can send feedback from the Jamboard kiosk and Jamboard app. The feedback will contain about 23 days of event and system logs.
Reproduce the issue.
- On the Jamboard kiosk, tap Menu Feedback .
- In the text field for feedback, enter the case number.
- Check the box to Include screenshot and logs.
- Describe the issue and tap Submit.
Contact Google Workspace support and provide:
- Date and time of the issue
- Device serial number
- Meeting ID (if the issue occurs during a video meeting)
Option 2: Get logs from the Admin console
Use this option to collect real-time and historical logs on Jamboard hardware. You can share the logs with support while you reproduce a problem.
- In the device panel, select the device from which to collect logs.
- In the device details view, under Device Settings, hover over Send Log Data to Google, and the edit option displays.
- Click Edit to enable Cloud log.
Option 3: Save logs to a USB flash drive
Use the bug report to capture more logs from a Jamboard than what is reported in cloud logs.
Get the device admin password:
Click a Jamboard.
Under device information, copy the Admin tool password.
Save logs to a USB flash drive:
- Obtain a USB flash drive (formatted as FAT/MSDOS).
- At the Jamboard, tap Menu > Settings > About Jamboard.
- Tap Build Number 7 times.
- Select Capture Logs.
- Enter the Admin tool password listed under Device information.
- Insert the USB drive in the board and wait for the logs to finish uploading.
- Upload the logs to Drive and share as needed.