How can I purchase Jamboard?
Interested customers in the United States can contact their Google Cloud sales representative, or go to google.com/jamboard to learn more about purchasing Jamboard.
How much does Jamboard cost?
The Jamboard device (including wall mount, 2 styluses, and 1 eraser) costs USD 4,999, with a USD 600 annual management and support fee. If you buy by September 30, 2017, the price of the management and support fee is USD 300, valid for one year. The optional rolling stand is USD 1,349 (discounted to USD 1,199 if you purchase by September 30, 2017).
Will Jamboard be available globally?
As of May 2017, Jamboard devices are available for purchase in the United States only. We're currently working to bring Jamboard to additional countries. The Jamboard app is free and available now globally. You can download the Jamboard app for phone and tablet from Google Play and the Apple® App Store.
Is Jamboard a G Suite Core Service?
Jamboard is not a G Suite Core Service at this time. The Jamboard device and mobile app are covered by a separate Jamboard Terms of Service.
Is Jamboard available for purchase for customers on all G Suite editions?
Jamboard is available for purchase for G Suite Basic, Business, Enterprise, and Education customers. Education customers should read the following before purchasing Jamboard devices:
- There are no discounts on Jamboard for G Suite for Education or Nonprofit customers.
- You need to sign an additional Jamboard Terms of Service. Like other Additional services, the Jamboard device and the app are governed by a Terms of Service separate from the G Suite for Education Terms of Service, which an administrator needs to sign to use the product.
- As of May, 2017, Jamboard is not currently a G Suite for Education core service. Learn more
- Like other Additional services, Jamboard is off by default. Admins need to turn on the service. If Jamboards are to be used by anyone under the age of 18 (service can be controlled by the organizational unit), they need the proper parental consent, just as they need to use any Additional service.
- There are no ads in Jamboard, and no data from Jamboard is used for advertising purposes.
- Unlike Hangouts or Google Docs, there is no revision history or “on-the-record” functionality within a jam.
How do I turn the Jamboard service on?
Using the Jamboard app with a G Suite account is controlled by an on or off switch (default) in the G Suite Admin console. Learn more
Do you need the Internet to use Jamboard?
Yes. To set up the board, an Internet connection is required. In offline mode, Jamboard supports core drawing functionality. However, online connectivity is required for sharing, saving to Drive, handwriting recognition, connecting to a meeting, and other Jamboard features.
Is Jamboard’s internet connectivity wireless or wired?
Jamboard works with both wireless and wired Internet connectivity. Learn more about how to configure Wi-Fi.
What do customers get with the Jamboard Admin Management Console?
Admins will be able to:
- Set up their device
- Monitor their device status
- Configure various settings
- Manage a fleet of Jamboards
- Perform remote functions, such as factory reset or deprovisioning
Learn more about how to manage your Jamboard.
Is Jamboard integrated with Google Drive and Google Docs?
Yes. Jamboard allows you to merge work from Docs, Sheets, and Slides, or add photos stored in Drive. Jam content created on the device or the app is also stored using Google Drive.
Is Jamboard compatible with Hangouts?
Yes. Jamboard makes it easy to share your jams with colleagues via Hangouts. Learn how to connect people to a live jam session.
Do I need to buy the Jamboard device to use the Jamboard app on Android and iOS®?
No. You can use the Jamboard app on a tablet device and experience many of the same features as you would on the Jamboard device. However, this isn't true for the smartphone app, which functions as a companion for your Jamboard device. Learn more about the differences between the phone and tablet apps.
What level of customer support is offered for Jamboard?
The Jamboard Terms of Service include full technical support for qualifying device owners.