Jamboard hardware auto update policy
Jamboard receives automatic updates that enhance both the device and the software on the device. However, hardware advances and new technology eventually make devices out-of-date. For these reasons, we can't indefinitely ensure that older Jamboard hardware will receive updates to new OS features or that older devices will continue to receive newer features.
General auto update policy
- When a device reaches Auto Update Expiration (AUE), it means that the product model is considered obsolete and automatic software updates from Google are no longer guaranteed.
- Customers using devices that have passed their AUE date will no longer receive full support(1) from the Google Cloud and G Suite for Education teams.
- Business and education customers using devices that have passed their AUE date may find that they can't manage their devices as expected using the Google Admin console or use new management features.
- Google will provide notice of a model’s AUE Date on this page after the model is launched.
- New software updates may be issued after the AUE date, but will never be stopped sooner than listed.
- Jamboard models that have not reached their AUE date will receive OS updates and function with management service.
- The date when the device is no longer sold is controlled by the OEM (manufacturer) and has no relation to the model’s AUE date. Therefore, the end of sale date will isn't shown in the table.
|Product||Auto update expiration date|
|Jamboard 55||May 2024|