Use Jacquard to get alerts when someone calls or sends you a text.
Before you start
To receive spoken announcements and light displays for incoming calls and texts from Jacquard, you need to first enable permissions:
- Open the Jacquard app .
- Tap Menu in the top left corner of the home screen.
- Tap Settings.
- Tap the toggle next to the setting you want to turn on:
- Announce Calls & Texts - Allow Jacquard to speak the contact's name out loud to you during an incoming call or text.
- Light - Allow light to notify you of calls and texts.
Note: Contacts are stored locally on your phone and are not sent to Google servers.
The Calls and Texts abilities will only work with phone calls and text messages. They won't work with other text, voice, or video messaging apps. This functionality requires cellular connectivity; fees may apply. Do not use Jacquard while driving or engaging in any activities that have potentially serious consequences. Follow local laws about using mobile devices, headphones, and helmets.
Respond to alerts
You'll be notified immediately when you receive a call by:
- A continuous pulsing light + vibration
- If your phone volume is on, Jacquard will read the contact name or number.
Accept a call: Brush in (jacket) or up (backpack) on your Jacquard touch area.
Decline a call: Brush out/down on your Jacquard touch area.
End a call: Use the cover gesture on your Jacquard touch area.
You'll be notified immediately when you receive a text by:
- A pulsing light + vibration
- If your phone volume is on, Jacquard will read the message sender's name.
Hear a readout of an incoming text: Within 10 seconds of receiving the text, brush in (jacket) or up (backpack) on your Jacquard touch area.
Send auto-reply text (for Android users only): Within 10 seconds of receiving the text, brush out (jacket) or down (backpack) on your Jacquard touch area to send an auto-reply text. You can set this in your call & text settings.
Note: To hear a readout of a text message, your phone volume must be turned up. For longer messages, Jacquard may not read out the entire contents of the text.
Choose call & text settings
When assigning an alert to Calls and Texts abilities, you can choose to be notified by calls only, texts only, or both. You can also customize an auto-reply message to send in response to alerts.
- Open the Jacquard app .
- Tap Configure from the home screen the Alerts tab.
- Select the alert color you use Tap Calls & Texts to access settings.
- Choose to be notified by calls, texts, or both.
- Android users only: Write an auto-reply text message to send in response to calls and texts.
iOS is a trademark or registered trademark of Cisco in the US and other countries and is used under license.
Google, Jacquard and Android related logos and marks are trademarks of Google LLC.