Intel: Regional scoring
The struggle between the Enlightened and Resistance has become local. The world is divided into regional Cells that can be viewed through the Ingress Scanner. Local Ingress field agents now battle each other over multi-day periods, vying for control of the most Mind Units in their locales.
This competition hinges on maintaining control of those Mind Unit fields through key scoring Checkpoints that happen every 5 hours. Each competition period has a 175 hour duration. If a Control Field is maintained through the Checkpoint time, then those Mind Units are added to that faction's running score in that Cell. The faction with the highest average Mind Unit score at 175 hour Cycle end, wins that Cycle.
- Each Cycle lasts 175 hours.
- Scoring Checkpoints occur every 5 hours within a Cycle. There are 35 Checkpoints per Cycle.
- Only the Fields held at the time of each Checkpoint count toward the MU score. Scoring does not update in real time between Checkpoints.
- Scores update at the time of each Checkpoint. The MUs held at that Checkpoint are averaged with the running average score for each faction.
- If a Control Field covers multiple Cells at a scoring Checkpoint, the MU is divided proportionally between the regional Cells that the Field covers based on the fraction of the area of the Control Field that is in each Cell.
Global Mind Units
From your Scanner, touch OPS > INTEL to access the Global MU view.
The ENL and RES bar charts show the average MU scored during the current 175 hour competition Cycle. This score is not the same as the global MU count shown on the Intel Map, which reflects total MU held at that point in time.
Regional Cell view
Touch REGIONAL SCORES to access the regional Cell view. You will see information about the regional Cell in which you are currently located.
Each geographic Cell has a unique codename. For example, the Cell in the image above is identified as AM01-CHARLIE-02. Cell codenames cannot be nicknamed by Agents.
The ENL and RES bar charts show the the average MU scored during the current 175 hour competition Cycle. This score is an average of the Mind Units that are maintained by each faction through the scoring Checkpoints that occur every 5 hours.
Touching History will show the historical results of Cycles for that particular Cell.
Touch SEE OTHER AGENTS from the regional Cell view to display the top 50 Agents per faction for the current Cycle and Cell.
The Top Agents are ranked by MU captured during the current Cycle. Only the Agent who creates the third link and completes a Field will receive MU credit toward the Top Agents list. If you created a Field that was destroyed before a Checkpoint measurement, the MU would count toward your Top Agents ranking but not towards the total regional Cell score.
View other Cells
Touch CELL ACTIVITY to view a list of neighboring Cells that surround the regional Cell in which you are currently located. You can view Cell Activity for nearby Cells, but we don’t currently offer an option to search for or view specific Cells.