GPS accuracy largely depends on the device you're using and your signal/connection strength. If you're having trouble with GPS drift, launch Ingress and touch OPS > DEVICE > Location smoothing, and touch TOGGLE. In general, we're constantly working to improve GPS accuracy and stability.
If the Intel Map continually says "Loading data," hard refresh the page to resolve the issue.
The scanner will appear white and fuzzy if it cannot establish a wifi and/or GPS connection, and you'll need to establish a GPS lock to fix it.
It will appear red and fuzzy if you do not have any XM, and you'll have to get your XM reserves back up to a non-critical level to return your scanner view to normal.
We require a minimum device screen resolution of 480 x 800 pixels. Devices that do not meet that minimum may experience scanner view degradation that may impact play.
The NIA is currently investigating some Shaper-induced anomalies with Control Fields. These anomalies only happen occasionally and may come in the form of:
- Control Fields that don't fully materialize (e.g. an agent links 3 Portals but they don't form into a Control Field).
- Control Fields that form, but then mysteriously disappear without naturally decaying or being destroyed by the opposing faction.
Some agents have reported seeing a blank or black map on their Scanners. We're currently investigating a fix for this issue. In the meantime, some agents have reported that disabling Wi-Fi and forcing your device into 3G or data-only mode resolves this problem. Please refer to your mobile phone's manual for the exact instructions on doing this for your device. Note that you may incur extra data charges for doing this since you'll no longer using a Wi-Fi connection.
Workaround #1: switch back to @googlemail -
- In your Gmail account, go to Settings > Accounts & import
- Click Send mail as (this will only show up if you're elegible to change your address)
- Click Switch to @gmail.com?
Workaround #2: Delete your previous Ingress player account and create a new Ingress player account with your @gmail (recommended for players with little Ingress progress, as this will erase your game data) -
- Click Contact us
- Click Report a bug
- Click Delete my profile so I can play with an account I recently switched to Gmail
Ingress requires that you have a stable Wi-Fi or data connection in order to play, including the training missions. Try the following to resolve the issue:
- Start Ingress on a Wi-Fi connection, and then switch to a data connection once the app is launched.
- If you have a reliable data connection, disable your Wi-Fi connection and put your device into data-only mode.