Snooze emails and reminders until later
Snooze emails and reminders to temporarily remove them from your inbox until you need them.
Your email or reminder will return to the top of your inbox when you want it to, whether that's tomorrow, next week or when you get home. You can always see your snoozed items under Snoozed in the Menu .
Snooze an email or reminder
- Open an email or reminder.
- At the top of the email, select Snooze .
- Choose a snooze option (learn more below).
You can also snooze straight from your inbox:
- Phone or tablet: Just swipe left to snooze an email or reminder in your inbox
- Computer: Move your mouse over an email or reminder and click Snooze
Snooze optionsSnooze until the suggested time
When you snooze an email that has dates and times (such as event confirmations or dispatch notifications), you'll see an option to snooze to a suggested time, such as the day of your concert or the morning that your package will arrive.
Snooze suggestion information is automatically generated from details in your emails. Learn more.
After you've selected Snooze, there are several ways to snooze to a certain time or date:
- Later today, Tomorrow, Later this week, This Weekend or Next week – quick default options.
- Pick date & time – choose a date and then the time. For the time, you can choose a preset time, Custom or Silent.
- Last – use the same custom time that you recently used for another email or reminder.
You'll get a notification on your mobile device at the time that you've chosen (unless you've turned off notifications). Learn more about notifications for reminders and snoozed emails.
Change default snooze times
In Settings, you can change the default times for Morning, Afternoon and Evening. Learn more below.
In many countries, the weekend means something other than Saturday and Sunday. In Settings, you can change the days of the week that represent the weekend. Google will automatically set the default for this based on your country.
Choose the Someday option for emails or reminders that you might want to come back to, but aren't sure when. You can go back through your Someday list later and decide what to do with them.
You can see everything in your Someday list by going to the Menu Select Snoozed. The Someday section is towards the bottom.
Your email or reminder will stay in Snoozed until you move it yourself. You can mark it as done, move it to your inbox with Pin or choose a different Snooze option.
You can snooze emails or reminders to get them out of your inbox until you arrive at a specific place, such as home or work. Once you've arrived at the location you've chosen, you'll see your email at the top of your inbox and get a notification on your mobile device (unless you've turned off notifications).
- Open an email or reminder and click Snooze .
- Click or tap Pick place.
- Enter a new address, or choose Home or Work.
Can't see "Pick place" option?
To see this option while on your computer, you first have to turn the feature on by snoozing to a place on your mobile device and opting in. When you've used "Pick place" from the mobile app, you'll see this option on your computer.
Save a place
You can add your own places to the "Pick place" menu so that you don't need to remember specific addresses.
- Enter an address or business name in the "Pick place" menu (see steps above).
- Tick "Name this place".
- Enter a name, then Save.
You can edit or delete saved places in the "Pick place" menu by clicking Edit next to the place name.
Learn more about how Inbox uses your location.
Before you snooze an email, you can add a note for yourself about what you need to do. You'll know exactly what you need to do without reading the email again.
- Open the email.
- Click or tap Pin .
- Type in a note where it says "Remember to..." at the top of the email.
- Click or tap Save.
- Click or tap Snooze and choose an option.
If there's something that you need to do regularly, you can create a reminder that repeats.
- Open Inbox.
- Go to the Create button .
- Click or tap Reminder .
- Type in your reminder.
- Click or tap Snooze .
- Select Pick date & time.
- Choose the first day for your reminder. Then choose a time.
- Click or tap Does not repeat and choose one of the options.
- Save your reminder.
Edit your repeating reminder
- Open the Menu .
- Choose Snoozed. Repeating reminders have an icon on the right to help you find them .
- Click or tap to open the reminder and make updates. Your changes will affect all future reminders in the series.
Change default snooze times
You can choose your own default times for Morning, Afternoon and Evening.
- Open Inbox.
- In the top left, go to the Menu .
- At the bottom, select Settings .
- Choose Snooze.
- Type in a new time for Morning, Afternoon or Evening.
- Click Done.
This setting also changes the default times for Later Today, Tomorrow and Next week. The Later Today snooze option uses your Evening time, and Tomorrow and Next week use your Morning time.
View your snoozed items
You can find your email or reminder while it's snoozed.
- Open Inbox.
- Go to the Menu .
- Select Snoozed.
When it's time for your email or reminder to return, it will be shown at the top of your inbox. Your email or reminder will be pinned in your inbox so you can easily find it by clicking the switch at the top of the page .
When you snooze an email or reminder to a specific time or location, you'll get a notification on your mobile device at that time or place (unless you've turned off notifications). Learn more about notifications for reminders and snoozed emails.
Aaron is an Inbox expert and the author of this Help page. Leave him feedback about the page below.