This article explains the three payment integration options for the Book on Google checkout flow.
- Explicit payment card Information: Use this option if you want Google to send the user’s raw credit card information.
- Tokenized payments: Google sends you a token representing the user’s credit card information. You send the token to your payment processor, who in turn processes the payment. Please note that you must use a payment processor from the list of supported processors.
- Paymentless booking: This is for fast, easy checkouts without a credit card.
Explicit payment card information is the default integration option. If you’re interested in using tokenized payments, you can reach out to our technical support team for more information. The requirements and setup process may vary depending on the type of integration you choose.
Before you begin
When deciding on which payment integration option you want to use, check to make sure you meet the requirements below. If you want to use tokenized payments, you will need to take the necessary steps to qualify and configure the integration for this feature.
Set up your payment processing method
Explicit payment card info
Integrate tokenized payments
- Configure a payment account with a payment processor that supports tokenized payments. You can skip this step if you’re already working with a supported payment processor.
- Once your payment account has been configured, reach out to our technical support team or contact your Google account manager directly to let Google know that you have integrated a supported payment processor by providing the following information:
- Payment processor’s name
- Gateway Merchant ID (assigned by your payment processor)
- Google will configure your Hotel Center account to use tokenized payments.
Paymentless bookings don't require a deposit, and can be used for specific rates, all rates globally, or rates in specific countries.
Providing paymentless rates for customers in a specific country is especially useful if payments cannot be processed through Google for customers in that country. If paymentless booking is enabled for all countries, the requirement for PCI compliance and third-party penetration testing is removed, as the partner will not be receiving sensitive payment data from Google.
If you’re interested in using paymentless rates, you can reach out to our technical support team for more information. The setup process may vary depending on the type of partner integration and how the paymentless rates will be used.