Set a campaign's budget
There are two budget settings to consider:
- Campaign daily spending cap: The maximum amount you're willing to spend on a particular day for a specific Hotel Ads campaign.
- Account daily spending cap: The maximum amount you're willing to spend on Hotel Ads on a particular day across your account and all your campaigns.
When you first create a campaign, you have the option to set its daily spending cap (or budget). You can modify this at any time.
To set a campaign's daily spending cap:
- Open Hotel Ads Center in a browser.
- Select the Dashboard tab.
- In the table at the bottom, select the name of the campaign you want to edit. This will bring you to the "Campaign View."
- Click the Campaign Settings button. The "Edit Campaign" view displays.
- In the Budget field, enter your new daily spending cap. Note that for the Commissions bid strategy, there is no Budget field.
For information about setting the account's budget and maximum bid cap, see Budgeting and billing guide.
Budgets and overdelivery
The campaign budget is used to limit the daily spend for that particular campaign. Your campaign will stop serving when its daily spend cap is reached. Leaving the campaign budget empty ensures your ads can reach their maximum potential. If the campaign budget is very small relative to your campaign's potential, it's possible that some over-delivery may occur.
Our system makes sure that you're never charged more than your account's daily spending cap, which applies across all your campaigns. This means that your campaigns may stop serving before their daily budget is reached if your account has reached its daily spending cap.
Make sure your account budget is equal to or larger than the sum of your campaigns' budgets to make sure you don't accidentally limit your reach.
Budgets and bid strategies
If you use the CPA (pay-per-conversion) or Commission bid strategies, where you only pay per conversion or per guest stay, you won't be able to set a budget for those campaigns. Ads served using these these bid strategies also don't count towards your account's daily cap.