Map Overlap Fix tool
Note: You are viewing an article about the Hotel Ads Center, which has been replaced by the Hotel Center as the primary feeds platform for Google Hotel Ads. Learn more about the new Hotel Center experience.
The Map Overlap Fix tool (previously called Overclustering Fix tool) helps you resolve issues with hotels that overlap on the map with a simple, familiar interface. The tool displays all hotels in a cluster, and you select the hotel in your feed that should match the canonical hotel. The tool then automatically removes matches for all of the other hotels in the cluster.
To fix map overlap:
- Log in to your Hotel Ads Center account.
- Click the Tools tab.
- Select Hotel List on the left-hand side. The console displays a list of hotels from your Hotel List Feed.
- Click the Fix Issues link in the summary of the Hotel List table.
- Filter the list to show only hotels that overlap on the map by clicking the Match Status dropdown and selecting Map Overlap.
- Click the Apply Filters button to apply the filter. The tool displays a list of only properties that overlap on the map, as the following example shows:
- In the "HOTEL ID OVERLAPPED WITH" column of the Matching Report, click the pencil icon for the overlapped hotels that you want to fix. The console displays the Map Overlap Fix tool, as the following example shows:
The canonical Google hotel is displayed at the top of the list. On the map, it is indicated by the red pin. All hotels from your feed that are in the cluster are indicated by green pins.
- Find the single, correct feed hotel and select it in the Map Overlap Fix tool. The tool asks you to confirm the match, and warns you that all other feed hotels in the cluster will be unmatched after you confirm your changes.
Note: Properties with no matches are ineligible for ad serving until they are matched to other hotels in Google's canonical list. To fix properties with no matches, use the Manual Match Fix tool.
- Click the Confirm button. If you made a mistake, click the Cancel button. The Map Overlap Fix tool saves your changes and automatically removes matches for the other properties in the cluster (you do not need to manually remove matches). For information on how long before your changes take effect, and how to check on the status, see Verifying your changes.
Verifying your changes
When you remove a property location match with the Map Overlap Fix tool, it typically takes up to 5 days for the change to take effect. During that time, the Matching Report will display "Unmatch fix pending" next to those hotels.
You can use the Matching Report to check their status:
Quick overview: Check the Matching Report's status bar to get counts of your properties with no matches and properties that overlap on the map, and your overall matching percentage, as the following example shows:
Complete list: Use the Matching Report's filter to display a list of all properties with no matches or properties that overlap on the map: