Note: You are viewing an article about the Hotel Ads Center, which has been replaced by the Hotel Center as the primary feeds platform for Google Hotel Ads. Learn more about the new Hotel Center experience.
The Bid Landscapes feature allows you to explore the impact different bids may have on the performance of key metrics such as clicks, cost, conversions, and impressions for a hotel group.
How it works
It collects and analyzes data from Hotels Ads auctions including prices, quality score, traffic, and competition. The tool combines this information with your historical bids and Bid Multipliers to simulate the performance of your ads for the past 7 days.
Note: The simulator provides an estimate of your performance. It doesn't predict or guarantee your ad's actual performance.
To use the bid simulator, follow the steps below:
- Visit the Hotel Ads Center
- Click the Dashboard tab
- Open the Simulator for any hotel group by clicking the graph icon
- Choose any bid row to highlight the intersection of that bid with the Comparison Metric in the interactive chart
- Change the y-axis metric by clicking the Comparison Metric list and choosing to plot against a different y-axis value
- Click Apply to set your hotel or hotel group level bid to the Bid Value shown in the active table row
When viewing bid simulation data for a hotel group, you can untick Keep existing hotel-level bid overrides to ignore your hotel-level bid overrides in the simulation. You can untick Keep existing bid multipliers to ignore all bid multipliers in the simulation.
If you have unticked either Keep existing hotel-level bid overrides or Keep existing bid multipliers, you will be unable to click Apply. To begin using the bid state shown by the simulation, you must make the necessary changes as described below:
- If Keep existing hotel-level bid overrides is unticked and Keep existing bid multipliers is unticked: remove all bid overrides from hotels in this group, and remove all multipliers from the group, then implement the bid amount shown in the simulation.
- If Keep existing hotel-level bid overrides is unticked, but Keep existing bid multipliers is ticked: remove all bid overrides from hotels in this group, then implement the bid amount shown in the simulation.
- If Keep existing hotel-level bid overrides is ticked and Keep existing bid multipliers is unticked: remove all multipliers from this group and any hotels in it, then implement the bid amount shown in the simulation.
Using the Bid Simulators for Conversion Estimates
The actions a user takes on your site impact the actual conversion rate. To improve the accuracy of the estimate, do not make changes to the conversation tracking code on your site for at least 2 weeks before using the simulator for estimating conversions.
Note: The simulated conversion value is only an estimate.
- Delayed conversions: Simulators count conversions that might have been recorded during the simulation period (usually the last 7 days). For example, if a click took place during the simulation period, but the conversion wasn’t recorded until after the simulation period, then the conversion would not be counted in the simulator. Keep in mind that conversions could still occur up to 30 days after each click depending on your chosen attribution settings.
- Sparse conversion data: There is usually less conversion data than click or impression data when calculating these estimates, so conversions can be more difficult to estimate. If your account doesn't typically get a lot of conversions, we may not have enough information to generate an estimate for conversions. The longer the history and the more conversions you have, the more accurate these estimates will be.
Not Enough Data
The simulator uses data from the last 7 days in its simulations. If you recently added a campaign, keyword, ad group, or product group there may not be enough information to run a bid simulation. Try using the simulation again later.