Note: You are viewing an article about the Hotel Ads Center, which has been replaced by the Hotel Center as the primary feeds platform for Google Hotel Ads. Learn more about the new Hotel Center experience.
There are multiple ways to add hotels to sub accounts, or move hotels from one sub account to another.
Only an Editor or Owner of the parent account can add, move, and remove hotels to and from sub accounts.
This section includes the following topics:
When you add a hotel to a sub account, there is no change to how Google gets configuration data for that hotel: the master account's hotel list, Points of Sale, and pricing data still come from the master account.
After you move a hotel to a sub account, the hotel's data is aggregated with the rest of the sub account data as of the date it was moved there. Prior to that, the hotel's data is aggregated with other "unmanaged" hotels. When viewing performance data prior to the date a hotel was added to a sub account, it is labelled "unmanaged."
Adding hotels to a sub account
You can use the Hotel Assignment tool to add hotels to a sub account.
You must be an Editor or Owner of the common ancestor of the accounts to and from which the hotel is moved.
To add hotels to a sub account with the Hotel Assignment tool:
- Open the Hotel Center in a browser.
- Select the Accounts tab.
- Select Sub Accounts in the left-hand navigation. The Hotel Ads Center displays a list of all sub accounts, including nested sub accounts:
The Hotel Ads Center displays a list of possible actions for each account under ACTIONS on the right.
(Alternatively, you can select the Hotel Assignment tab directly, but by following steps 2 and 3, you can more easily select which account you want to manage.)
- In the row of an existing account, click the Assign Hotels button under ACTIONS. Hotel Ads Center displays the Hotel Assignment tool:
In the Hotel Assignment tool:
- Hotel Groups and sub accounts are displayed on the left.
- The current target account is displayed in the center. This is the account to which you are moving hotels. To change the target, select a sub account on the left.
- A list of available hotels to move is displayed on the right. This list includes all hotels in all accounts to which you have access.
- In the right pane, select the check-box next to each hotel that you want to move. You can use the search field to narrow the list of hotels.
- After you selected the hotels to move, click the blue arrow . The Hotel Ads Center displays the Move dialog box:
- Click the Move button. The Hotel Ads Center moves the selected hotels to the target account.
Bulk editing hotels with a CSV file
You can use a CSV file to make the following changes to your sub account assignments:
- Change the sub account for a hotel
- Remove a hotel from its sub account
- Change the group to which a hotel belongs
When bulk editing with the CSV file, you cannot create Hotel Groups or accounts. You must set these up prior to editing the CSV file.
To bulk edit with a CSV file:
- Create all target sub accounts and Hotel Groups. You must do this before you can use the bulk import feature.
- Download the current hotel assignments as a CSV file.
- Open the Hotel Center in a browser.
- Click the Hotel Assignment tab.
- Click the green Edit Offline via CSV button:
The Edit Hotel Assignments Offline dialog box displays:
- Click the first link to download the current configuration as a CSV file. The CSV file contains all hotels in the master account and all sub accounts. The CSV file is organized into the following columns:
Column Editable? Description account_id The unique ID of the master or sub account that the hotel is currently in. To change a hotel's account, replace the value in this column and the account_name column with the new account, for each row that you want to move. account_name The master or sub account that the hotel is currently in. To change a hotel's account, replace the value in this column and the account_id column with the new account name. group_name The name of the Hotel Group that the hotel is currently in. To change a hotel's group, replace the value in this column with the new Hotel Group name.
To move a hotel out of any group (remove any group affiliation), set the value of this column to "[Ungrouped]".
hotel_id The unique ID of the hotel. Do not change the ID of the hotel in the CSV file. This column is provided for informational purposes only. Changes to it will be ignored. hotel_name The name of the hotel. Do not rename the hotel in the CSV file. This column is provided for informational purposes only. Changes to it will be ignored.
- Edit the CSV file in a text editor and save your changes. Note that:
- You can add new hotels to your parent account in the CSV file. The hotel assignment tool will create hotels that don't already exist in your parent account. If you use a numerical sequence for your Hotel IDs, make sure the format remains as text when you import or export the CSV file to avoid unintended creation of new hotels (for example, 0001234 becoming 1234). If unintended creation happens, ungrouping the new Hotel ID will remove it from the hotel assignment tool.
- You cannot use the CSV file to create new sub accounts or Hotel Groups. Groups and sub accounts must already exist prior to editing the CSV file.
- You cannot edit the hotel ID or the hotel name in the CSV file. Changes to values in the hotel_id or hotel_name columns will be ignored. They are provided for informational purposes only.
- Upload the CSV file to the Hotel Ads Center:
- Return to the Edit Hotel Assignments Offline dialog box by clicking the Edit Offline via CSV button.
- In the Edit Hotel Assignments Offline dialog box, click the Select File button.
- Select the CSV file that you edited on your local file system.
- (Optional) Copy the bids of the hotels from their current account to the new account. To do this, select the Copy hotel bids check-box. This box is checked by default. If you de-select this check-box, then only the target account's Account Default Bid will be used for these hotels; individual hotel bids will not be used after the re-assignment.
- Click the Save button. Hotel Ads Center uploads your new CSV file and applies your changes immediately.
You can upload a partial CSV file. Hotels that are not included in the CSV file will not be modified.