Feed Status Tool
Use the Feed Status tool to check the status of your feed. The tool shows failures, errors, or warnings that Google encounters when processing your price feed (and related files).
To access feed status data, you can also use the Feed Status API.
Using the Feed Status tool
To open the Feed Status tool:
- In a browser, open Hotel Ads Center.
- Select the Tools tab.
- In the left-hand navigation, select Feed Status. The Feed Status tool is displayed:
The tool's view is separated into the following sections:
- Connection Status
- Status Report
For more information, see Feed Status tool sections.
To view the Feed Status report:
- Scroll to the bottom of the Feed Status tool view (after the Values section).
- From the filters bar, choose from among the following filters:
Filter Description Date/Time Select a range of dates (up to 15 days in the past) for which to run the report. The default is the current day. Type
Select the type of message or feed for which you want the status. You can select from the following options:
- "Transaction": Room Bundle and itinerary-related messages.
- "Hotel Info": Deprecated Room Bundle-specific feed.
- "OTA Push": The price portion of an OTA Push feed.
- "OTA Hotel Availability": The availability portion of an OTA Push feed.
- "Taxes and Fees": The taxes & fees portion of an OTA feed.
- "Hint": Hint request/response messages used with the Pull with Hints delivery mode
- "Query Control": Configuration messages used for defining itinerary boundaries.
- "Live Query": Real-time price updates.
- "ALL": All message and feed types.
The default selection is "ALL".
Enter an error code number to filter by issues of that kind. For example, to filter by errors that occurred when pulling data, enter "1049" to filter by that type of error.
You can enter a single number only.
Issue Type Select the feed status to filter by. Possible values are:
- No Issues: Show only feeds that contain no errors or warnings. An "OK" status indicates that the feeds were processed in their entirety.
- Warning: Show only feeds that contain warnings. A "Warning" status indicates that the entire feed was processed, but that parts of it might contain issues that need attention.
- Error: Show only feeds that contain errors. An "Error" status indicates that some part of the feed was not processed.
- Failure: Show only feeds that were not processed at all.
Enter a comma-separated list of hotel IDs on which to filter the report. The report will show all relevant transaction messages for those hotels only.
For example, "101a, 42, 8675309".
- Click the Apply Filters button.
The Feed Status tool displays your results in a table below the filter bar. The columns of the report's table include:
- STATUS: Indicates whether or not Google encountered any warnings, errors, or failures while processing the feed or message. A value of "OK" indicates that Google did not encounter any issues.
- DATE/TIME: For Push files, the timestamp from the file.
- TYPE: The type of message or feed in which the issue occurred.
- ISSUES: A list of warnings or errors encountered while processing this message or feed.
- LINK: A link to further information about the type of error.
The following example shows a report with several warnings and errors in Transaction messages:
- To get information about errors and warnings that are shown, including possible remedial actions, select the links (in the LINK column) in the report table. If the LINK column displays "N/A", then there were no issues with that feed.
Feed Status tool sections
Each section of the Feed Status tool shows a different type of issue. For example, network-related issues are shown in the Connection Status area.
The Feed Status tool presents information in the following sections:
|Connection Status||Shows issues that affect the connection between Google and your system. This helps you determine if a feed is delayed or if the messages got through.
The Connection Status section displays the following charts:
If you are a partner that uses the Pull or Pull with Hints delivery modes, the Feed Status tool displays the following additional charts:
If you use Live Queries, the Feed Status tool displays the following chart:
If you are a partner that uses the Push delivery mode, the Feed Status tool displays the following additional charts:
|Format||Shows issues in the syntax of messages that we have successfully received. Generally these are errors related to the XML schema and required fields. This helps you determine if your messages are malformed or cut off, for example.
The Format section contains the following chart:
|Values||Shows issues related to the content of messages that have been received and successfully parsed. Generally, these are logical errors or errors that require additional context (e.g., room bundles and fenced rates implementations, correct usage of optional tags, etc.).
The Values section contains the following charts:
|Status Report||A filtered list of feeds and any issues that Google encountered while processing those feeds. For more information, see Using the Feed Status tool|
The Feed Status tool has the following known issues:
- For longer messages on small screens, you may not be able to see the Close button. Refreshing the page fixes the issue.
- You cannot sort the Feed Status report table.
- You cannot download "missing_metadata" messages.