Improve Price Accuracy
Aspects of Price Accuracy
There are several aspects to take into account for providing accurate prices:
- The base hotel price should match the hotel price advertised on landing page of your site.
- The taxes and other fees (both collected online and collected at the hotel) provided in your price feed should match what is indicated on the landing page of your site.
- Each price (base price, taxes, & fees) sent to Google should also match the corresponding fields on the final booking page on your site. As a result, the total price should match as well.
- The total price should include all the fees paid by the user (which includes fees not collected online).
Price Accuracy tests
We use a combination of ways to ensure the accuracy of prices:
- A machine learning algorithm interprets prices across time, and from other partners who advertise on the same hotel, to arrive at a set of possibly inaccurate prices which we will evaluate.
- We develop a crawler to scrape your site. It will read the prices advertised on the site and compares that with prices sent to Google.
- A team also manually validates the prices on the site to ensure the highest levels of confidence in the accuracy tests.
For more information, see How are Price Accuracy Scores calculated?.
Keep accuracy levels high
Here are a few best practices to keep price accuracy high:
- Ensure that the prices are frequently updated (several times a day) to reflect the most current prices.
- Make sure that the components of the price, such as taxes and other fees, are also updated frequently.
- Indicate the taxes, and other uncollected fees clearly on your site so our crawlers and manual reviewers can easily find them.
- Look closely at all aspects of the hotel price: the prices of different Room Bundles, prices on mobile vs desktop, and send us accurate prices in all situations.
- When conducting any tests on your website design and layout, inform your technical account manager so we can take that into consideration when we test for price accuracy.