Job req approvals
This article is for members of a Hiring Team, Recruiters, and Admins.
System Admins can turn on Job req approvals to make sure all jobs align with your company’s needs, such as headcount plans and employer branding. When turned on, you'll need to request approval for jobs before publishing them to your company’s career site or external job sites.
Request and add approvers
With approvals enabled, newly created jobs will be in 'Draft' status. You can request approval for any job in 'Draft' or 'Approval rejected' status.
A job approval request can have one or multiple approval rounds with one or multiple approvers per round. Each approver is required to give approval before an approval moves to the next round. You cannot make yourself an approver.
Note: For a request to be approved overall, each approver in each round must approve.
- Sign in to Hire.
- Select Jobs.
- Select a job with status 'Draft' or 'Approval rejected' that you want to be approved.
- Make sure all required job fields are filled.
- Note: All job fields are required except hiring team and internal note.
- At the top of the page, select Request Approval.
- Select Continue.
- Select Add approver under "Approvals".
- Type in an approver's name. You can add up to 20 approvers in a single round.
- (Optional) Select + Add round to add approvers for a second round of approvals. You can add up to 20 additional rounds.
- (Optional) Add a reason why the job should be opened for approvers to read.
- Select Request.
Additional approvers can be added to the current round or any future round of an approval in 'Pending' status by selecting the More and then selecting "Add approver".
Cancel an approval request and remove approvers
You can cancel an approval request that is in ‘Pending approval’ status. Approvers cannot be removed or swapped from a pending approval request. If you want to remove an approver, you must cancel the pending request and create a new request with the changes. If you already received approval from some approvers before deciding to swap out an approver, you may choose to leave them out of your new approval request.
- Sign in to Hire.
- Select Jobs.
- Select the job you want to cancel.
- Select Job details.
- Under "Approval status," select More .
- Select Cancel request.
Edit a job when approvals are turned on
Changes to Req ID, Job type, Job time, Department, Salary, Job classification for eQuest, or any custom job field could impact an approval decision, so there is special treatment for these fields. Follow these rules when editing a field value on a job that requires approval:
If you edit one of the above field values on a job that is 'Pending approval', the approval request will be canceled and you will need to submit a new approval request once you’ve made your changes.
If you edit one of the above field values on a job that has is in an 'Open' status , the job status will change to 'Draft' once you’ve made a change. If the job was published, it will be unpublished from the career site and from Hire's job feeds for third party sites like Glassdoor. Once you’ve finished your changes, you will need to request approval to change the job status back to 'Open' so it can be published.