The following billing policies apply to Customers of Helpouts according to the Helpouts Terms of Service (Customers and Providers) and Google Wallet policies.
- Money Back Guarantee
- Money Back Guarantee and Quality Assurance recording
- Cancellation policy
- Fee avoidance
- Chargeback resolution
If you are not completely happy with your experience, Helpouts has a 100% Money Back Guarantee. First, we'll suggest that you request a refund from the Provider of your Helpout. If the Provider does not issue a satisfactory refund, and you have complied with Helpouts Terms of Service and policies, Google will issue a refund. If you would like a refund, please contact us.
Refund request process
- You can request a refund from the Provider of the Helpout. A Provider can choose to grant a voluntary refund for a variety of reasons.
This refund request must be made within 72 hours of the end of the Helpout.
- If you aren't satisfied with the refund offered by the Provider, you can appeal the Provider's decision through the Helpouts 100% Money Back Guarantee. We then may review the quality assurance recording of the Helpout. If you have complied with Helpouts policies and our Terms of Service, you will be issued a refund.
Providers will be reimbursed if they have complied with Helpouts Terms of Service and policies.
Since we will use the recording of a Helpout to review 100% Money Back Guarantee requests, if you opt out of having your Helpout recorded, you forfeit your eligibility for the guarantee.
Helpouts allows Providers to choose from a pre-defined set of cancellation policies. We encourage Customers to review the cancellation policy for each Helpout because Providers may select a different policy from one Helpout to the next.
- Cancellation policies are defined on a Helpout-by-Helpout basis.
- Once a Customer has booked a Helpout, the Provider may not change the cancellation policy selection for that Helpout.
- There is no penalty when a Customer cancels more than 24 hours in advance of a scheduled Helpout.
- The Provider may refund the cancellation penalty at their discretion.
- The cancellation policy only applies to paid Helpouts.
- A "no-show" (a Customer that does not join the Helpout at the specified time) is considered a cancellation; therefore Customers that "no-show" are liable for applicable cancellation fees.
For more information about cancellations, please see this Help Center article.
Helpouts requires that Providers pay a transaction fee for paid Helpouts, when required. If transaction fees are not paid according to the Helpouts Terms of Service, access to Helpouts may be suspended or terminated.
Providers and Customers on Helpouts are prohibited from any fee avoidance behaviors, including but not limited to:
- A Provider requiring a Customer to pay for a Helpout outside of Helpouts.
- Promoting a personal or professional website to direct Customers away from Helpouts to another online venue to complete the transaction for services.
- Including direct contact information, like phone numbers and email addresses, in a Helpouts listing.
- Requiring a Customer to make an additional purchase or action outside of Helpouts to receive a service.
Quite simply, we believe that attempts to avoid transaction fees can put Customers at risk of fraud or abuse (thus creating a poor experience for the community).
Purchases or transactions made outside of Helpouts aren't eligible for the protections provided by Helpouts, including:
- 100% Money Back Guarantee
- Chargeback resolution (see more on that below)