If you want to work uninterrupted in Hangouts Chat, you can temporarily stop notifications on all your devices. That way, if you’re in an important meeting or not working, you won’t be notified when someone starts a conversation with you. To stop notifications completely, turn notifications on or off.
If you snooze notifications
If you temporarily stop notifications, other people can see how long you have paused notifications for and they won’t expect an immediate response.
- If you’re online, other people will see for how long you have paused notifications and Snooze online for.
- If you’re away from Chat, others see how long you have paused notifications and Snooze offline for.
Temporarily stop notifications
- Open Chat.
- At the top left, click your status.
- Select a time period to snooze notifications for.
Notifications automatically turn back on after the snooze period expires.
- (Optional) To stop snoozing, click your status Stop snoozing notifications.