If you want to work uninterrupted, you can temporarily stop notifications on all your devices. That way, if you’re in an important meeting or not working, you won’t be notified when someone starts a conversation with you in Hangouts Chat. If you want to stop notifications completely, see Turn notifications on or off.
If you snooze notifications
If you temporarily stop notifications, other people can see how long you paused notifications and they won’t expect an immediate response.
- If you’re online, other people will see how long you paused notifications and Snooze online .
- If you’re away from Chat, others see how long you paused notifications and Snooze offline .
Temporarily stop notifications
- Open Chat.
- At the top left, click your status.
- Select a time period for snoozing notifications.
Notifications automatically turn back on after the snooze period expires.
- (Optional) To stop snoozing, click your status Stop snoozing notifications.