Get notifications from Google Drive
You can receive notifications in Hangouts Chat about activity in your Google Drive.
Enable Google Drive notifications
- On the left, click +Find people, rooms, bots and enter Google Drive.
- Select Google Drive from the list of suggestions.
- Click Yes to turn on notifications.
When you enable notifications, you'll receive a direct message to tell you about the following Google Drive events:
- A new file or folder has been shared with you
- A new comment or action item mentions you or is assigned to you
- A user has requested access to a file you own
- You're close to running out of storage
Turn off notifications
To stop getting notifications about Google Drive:
- Send any direct message (such as "hello") to the Google Drive bot.
- In the response, turn notifications off.
Send another direct message to the Google Drive bot to turn notifications back on.