You can use the Meet bot in Hangouts Chat to schedule, modify, and cancel meetings, or to look up your schedule.
Before you begin
- You need permission from your G Suite administrator to install bots.
- You need to add the bot to Chat. Learn how to find bots and add them to Chat.
Using the Meet bot in rooms
In rooms, you must explicitly mention @Meet in each message to the bot (including in replies to questions from the bot to clarify the scheduling request). This confirms you're talking to the bot and not to others in the room.
If you start scheduling a meeting with @Meet in a room, other users in the room see that request, and could modify or even cancel the meeting in their reply with @Meet.
If you ask @Meet to create a meeting while in a room, the meeting attendees are the room members unless you specify otherwise.
Note: Some @Meet bot features work in direct messages, but not in rooms. In particular, you can use @Meet in a room to schedule a meeting, but not to do other calendar interactions, such as asking for your agenda.
Examples of using the Meet bot
To schedule, reschedule, or cancel a meeting, send a message to the Meet bot. Here are some examples:
Schedule a meeting (includes setting title, date/time, duration, guests)
- Schedule a meeting with Cynthia tomorrow at 3pm
- Schedule a meeting with email@example.com
- Find 45 minutes with Cynthia next week, title it "1:1”
Modify a meeting that was just scheduled
- Move this meeting to tomorrow
- Rename this meeting to “Team planning session”
Reschedule or cancel a meeting
- Reschedule my meeting with Cynthia
- Cancel my meeting with Cynthia
Look up your schedule
- What is my schedule tomorrow?
- Do I have meetings on Monday?
- Am I free tomorrow afternoon?
- What meetings do I have next week?