Use the Meet bot
You can use the Meet bot in Hangouts Chat to handle requests to schedule, modify and cancel meetings, as well as to look up your schedule. You can send a direct message, for example "help" to the Meet bot to get information you need.
Send a direct message to the Meet bot
You can add the bot to your list of bots in Chat and send it direct messages.
- Open Chat.
- Click Find people, rooms, bots.
- Enter meet, and then select the bot from the list of suggestions.
- Enter your message and click Send .
Use the Meet bot in rooms
Unlike with direct messages, you must explicitly mention @meet in each message in a room (including in replies to questions from the bot to clarify the scheduling request). This confirms you're talking to the bot and not to others in the room.
If you start scheduling a meeting with @meet in a room, any other user in the room will see that request, and could modify or even cancel the meeting in their reply with @meet.
If you ask @meet to create a meeting while in a room, the meeting attendees are the room members unless you specify otherwise.
Note: Some @meet bot features work in direct messages, but not in rooms. In particular, you can use @meet in a room to schedule a meeting, but not to do other calendar interactions, such as asking for your agenda.b
Using the Meet bot: examples
Schedule a meeting (includes setting title, date/time, duration, guests)
- Schedule a meeting with Cynthia tomorrow at 3pm
- Schedule a meeting with email@example.com
- Find 45 minutes with Cynthia next week, title it "1:1”
Modify a meeting that was just scheduled
- Move this meeting to tomorrow
- Rename this meeting to “Team planning session”
Reschedule or cancel a meeting
- Reschedule my meeting with Cynthia
- Cancel my meeting with Cynthia
Look up your schedule
- What is my schedule tomorrow?
- Do I have meetings on Monday?
- Am I free tomorrow afternoon?
- What meetings do I have next week?