Select your issue and try the steps to fix your problems.
If you have a Google Voice for G Suite account from your work or school, you can't make or receive calls using classic Hangouts. To receive calls, keep voice.google.com open in your browser or install the Google Voice mobile app.
Important: Phone calls in classic Hangouts will be turned off in early 2021.
If you are in the US, you can continue to make phone calls when you upgrade to Google Voice. If you are not in the US or do not want to upgrade to Google Voice, you can continue to use the Hangouts call phones feature for the rest of the year with access to classic Hangouts. You can also request a refund of your eligible calling credit.
Can't make a phone call
Can't get a phone call
- Make sure you have a Google Voice account and phone number. To get phone calls in Hangouts, you must have a Google Voice phone number. Google Voice is only available in the U.S.
- If you have Google Voice, make sure that the email address you’re using to sign in to Hangouts is the same as your Google Voice account.
- Make sure you've turned on ring for incoming calls.
If you still have problems:
- Sign out of the Hangouts app and sign back in. Learn how to sign out.
- Visit the Hangouts forum to get help from other people who use Hangouts.
If you can’t call a number that isn't free, you might not have enough calling credit. Learn how to add more credit.
- A few U.S. and Canadian destinations will cost 1 cent per minute (USD).
- You can call some places outside the US and Canada (fees apply), but there are some places that you can’t call from.
- Find the listed rate for your local currency here.
If you don't see the option to make calls, it might be for one of these reasons:
- You're outside of the U.S. and the feature probably isn’t available in your country.
- You have a Voice for G Suite account from your work or school. You can make calls using the Google Voice mobile app or at voice.google.com.
- India (Users in India can make calls to all countries except to locations within India.)
- North Korea
- Russian Federation
- Saudi Arabia
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
- Brazilian Portuguese
- English (U.S. and U.K.)