Receive calls to your Google Voice number in Hangouts
If you are a Google Voice user, you can receive calls to your Google Voice number right in Hangouts in Gmail, Google+, and the Hangouts Chrome app. Note that Google Voice is currently only available in the US. To sign up for Google Voice, visit http://www.google.com/voice.
Turn on ringing for incoming phone calls in Hangouts on your computer
- Open Hangouts in Gmail or Google+.
- Gmail: In the bottom-left corner, click on the Hangouts icon .
- Google+: In the top-right corner, click on the Hangouts icon .
- At the top of your Hangouts list, click menu .
- Check the box next to Ring on incoming phone calls to hear a ring or get a notification whenever you get a phone call.
Calls to your Google Voice number will ring in Hangouts in Gmail, Google+, and the Hangouts Chrome app if you have a Google Voice number associated with your account. When you receive a call you can:
- Accept the call: If you accept, a Hangout window will open and you can talk to the person calling you.
- Ignore the call: If you ignore, the call request goes away. The person will not be notified that you ignored the call.
If you do not want to have calls to your Google Voice number ring you in Hangouts, uncheck the box next to Ring on incoming phone calls.
Megan is a Hangouts expert and author of this help page. Help her improve this article by leaving feedback below.