Hangouts in Gmail
Hangouts in Gmail makes it easy to communicate with the people you care about! In addition to being able to message people and have face-to-face video calls, you'll also get new features that help bring your conversations to life, including:
- Ability to share photos
- Group Hangouts with up to 100 people
- Over 800 fun, new emoji
Enable Hangouts in Gmail
- Click your profile photo at the top of your Chat list.
- Click Try the new Hangouts.
- Gmail will refresh, and you’ll be able to start using Hangouts.
Turn off Hangouts and start using the old chat
- In Hangouts in Gmail, click on your name.
- Select Revert to old Chat.
- Gmail will refresh and you can start using Google Chat.