Sign in or out of Hangouts
When you sign in or out of Hangouts on one device, you aren’t automatically signed in or out of Hangouts on other devices.
For example, if you sign in on your computer, you're not automatically signed in on your phone.
- On your computer, go to hangouts.google.com or open Hangouts in Gmail.
- Enter your Google Account information.
- Click Sign in. In Gmail, on the left, click Sign in.
To use Hangouts with multiple accounts at the same time, you can:
Sign out of hangouts.google.com
When you sign out of hangouts.google.com, you sign out of other Google services, including Gmail, Inbox, and Google+.
- On your computer, go to hangouts.google.com.
- At the top right, click your profile photo.
- Click Sign out.
Sign out of Hangouts on Gmail, Inbox, or classic Google+
When you sign out of Hangouts in Gmail, Inbox, or classic Google+, you won't sign out of hangouts.google.com or other Google services.
- On your computer, open Hangouts in Gmail.
- At the top of your Hangouts list, click the Down arrow .
- Scroll to the bottom, and click Sign out of Hangouts.