You can connect with family, friends, or coworkers through face-to-face video calls. Video calls can include up to 25 people.
Tip: If you are using Google Meet, learn how to start a video meeting.
Start a video call
- Open the Hangouts app .
- At the bottom right, tap Compose .
- Tap New Video Call.
- Type and select the names of people you want to invite to your video call.
- Tap Video call .
- When you're done, tap End call .
Other settings for video calls
Anyone in a video call can add more people after the video call starts.
- In the video call window, tap the screen.
- At the top, tap More Invite Add people.
- Enter or select a name or email address.
- Tap Video call . To join a video call, you need to sign in to your Google Account.
- Tap the video call screen
- At the bottom, tap an icon to mute your microphone or turn off your camera.
When you receive messages in the video call, a chat icon will appear on the bottom left of your screen. Tap the icon to see the messages, tap again to close the chat. You can only see the message history while you’re in the call.You can’t respond to a video call message on your phone, but you can respond to the message if you join the call on your computer instead.