The plugin won't install
If you're having trouble installing the Hangouts plugin, or are receiving a message asking you to reinstall it, you should check to make sure your configuration is correct.
- Check to make sure the Google Hangouts Plugin Video Accelerator and Google Hangouts NPAPI Plugin are enabled. If you're using Chrome you can type about:plugins in your browser to display your plug-ins.
- Make sure you're not using Internet Explorer 64-bit (this is a browser version that is 64 bit as opposed to 32 bit).
- Ensure that you don't have any "click to run" extensions enabled.
If you're still experiencing this issue after checking your configuration you can follow these steps:
- Refresh the browser page.
- Close any running Google Hangouts plugin processes.
- Close all open and running browser processes.
- Restart your computer.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the plug-in.
- Try a different browser.