I can't install the plug-in
If you're having trouble installing the Hangouts plug-in or are receiving a message asking you to reinstall it, you should check to make sure that your configuration is correct.
- Check to make sure that the Google Hangouts Plug-in Video Accelerator and Google Hangouts NPAPI Plug-in are enabled. If you're using Chrome, you can type about:plugins into your browser to display your plug-ins.
- Make sure that you're not using Internet Explorer 64-bit (this is a browser version that is 64-bit as opposed to 32-bit).
- Ensure that you don't have any "click to run" extensions enabled.
If you're still experiencing this issue after checking your configuration, you can follow these steps:
- Refresh the browser page.
- Close any Google Hangouts plug-in processes that are running.
- Close all browser processes that are open and running.
- Restart your computer.
- Uninstall and then reinstall the plug-in.
- Try a different browser.