Troubleshoot audio/video issues with video calls
If you are experiencing audio or video issues while in a video call please follow these troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure your webcam and microphone are plugged in.
- Ensure that your microphone and webcam are not being used by another application.
- Verify your settings to make sure the plugin is using the correct webcam and microphone. To verify your settings, click the gear icon at the top of the video call window.
- If your microphone or webcam shows up as "USB video/audio device," try installing a specific driver.
- If your camera is properly enabled, you should see your video feed on the bottom right of the video call window.
- To test the mic, simply speak aloud. If your mic is configured, you should notice a change in the meter next to the microphone icon.
- Lastly, click Play test sound to verify your speaker settings.
- Exit and rejoin the video call.
- Restart your computer.
If the issue still persists, please visit the Hangouts forum to receive help from Top Contributors, Google guides, and other Hangouts users.
You can also report the issue by clicking Report an issue at the bottom right of the video call window.