Create and run a bridge
You use a bridge to migrate data from a source connection to your G Suite domain. You specify a source connection, target connection, settings template, and different types of mappings and lists to create a bridge.
Create a bridge
- In the G Suite Migrate platform, click New Bridge.
- Enter a name for the bridge.
- Complete the following information:
- Source connection—Select your source connection.
- Target connection—Select your G Suite service account connection.
- Settings template—Select Default or choose a custom settings template.
- Mapping—Select a mapping.
- Identity mapping—Select an identity mapping.
- (Optional) To add a roles mapping (SharePoint bridges) or sharding users list (SharePoint, file share, and Box bridges), click More options and then, next to the option, click the Down arrow and select the mapping or list.
- Click Create.
Run a bridge and view its progress
- In the G Suite Migrate platform, click Bridges. You might have to click Menu first.
- (Optional) To edit the bridge, click Settings .
- Click Run Run.
- Click Bridges to view the progress of a bridge in real time. You can see:
- Data migrated—Amount of data migrated (in bytes or MB).
- Completed—Number of completed transactions.
- Warning—Number of warning transactions.
- Failed—Number of failed transactions.
- Skipped—Number of skipped transactions.
- Crawled—Number of pending transactions.
Modify what you see in a bridge
You can use filters to modify what you see when a bridge is running or completed.
- Click Bridges. You might have to click Menu first.
- (Optional) To filter by the state of a migration, click State and next to each migration state that you want to filter by, check the box.
- Click any available filters (details below), enter any boolean search operators, and then click Apply.
- Name—Filters by bridge name.
- Source type—Filters by source connection.
- Source connection name—Filters by the name of the source connection.
- Target connection name—Filters by name of the target connection.
- Started—Filters by the start date of the migration.
- Completed—Filters by the completion date of the migration.
- (Optional) To reset a filter, click Remove next to the filter. To reset all filters, click Reset.