If you're migrating from OneDrive for Business, follow the instructions for SharePoint unless specified.
You use a settings template to determine what types of content to migrate and how the data appears after a migration. You can use a default settings template or customize your own one.
We recommend that you don’t change the settings template while you are running a bridge. Doing so changes the parameters of the migration and can cause inconsistent behavior.
About default or customized templates
A default settings template is the easiest to use as it selects the most common migration options.
- For Box, file shares, and Microsoft SharePoint, there are 2 default settings templates—Migrate to My Drive or Migrate to shared drives. In a single bridge, you can migrate to a user's My Drive or shared drives, but not to both.
- For Microsoft Exchange, there is only a default settings template.
You can also customize your own template. A custom template gives you additional options for configuring what data is migrated and how the data appears in your target domain.
Select or customize a default settings template
- In the G Suite Migrate platform, click Settings templates. You might have to click Menu first.
- Point to the settings template and click Template .
- Review the default settings template and choose an option:
- If you don’t change any settings, click Cancel.
- If you make changes to the settings, click Create new template. Enter a name and click Create.
Delete a custom settings template
You can’t delete a default template or a template associated with an existing bridge.
- Click Settings templates. You might have to click Menu first.
- Under Custom, next to the template, check the box.
- Click Delete Delete.
- Understand Exchange settings templates
- Understand SharePoint settings templates
- Understand file share settings templates
- Understand G Suite settings templates
- Understand Box settings templates