Create a Google service account
A Google service account allows you to connect to your target G Suite domain.
- In the GCP Console, click IAM & admin Service accounts. You might have to click Menu first.
- Click Create Service Account.
- In the Service account name field, enter a name.
The service account ID is completed automatically, and you do not need to include a description.
- Click Create.
- (Optional) To add a service account permission, select a role. This step is not required to set up G Suite Migrate.
- Click Continue.
- (Optional) To grant users or admins access to the service account, complete the Grant users access to this service account section. This step is not required to set up G Suite Migrate.
- Click Create Key.
- Ensure the key type is set to JSON and click Create.
You'll see a message that the service account JSON key file has been created and downloaded to your computer. Make a note of the name of this file. You’ll need it when you set up the G Suite Migrate platform.
- Click Close Done.
- For large domains, service accounts can take up to 24 hours to propagate through the domain.
- If you lose the key, repeat these steps to create a new one.