A Google service account allows you to connect to your target G Suite domain.
- In the GCP Console, click IAM & AdminService Accounts. You might have to click Menu first.
- Click Create Service Account.
- In the Service account name field, enter a name.
The service account ID is completed automatically.
- (Optional) In the Service account description field, enter a description of the service account.
- Click Create.
- Service account permissions are not required for G Suite Migrate. Click Continue to skip this step.
- User permissions are not required for G Suite Migrate. Click Done to skip this step.
- Under Service Accounts, select the email address of the service account you created.
- Click Add KeyCreate new key.
- Make sure the key type is set to JSON and click Create.
You'll get a message that the service account JSON key file has been created and downloaded to your computer. Make a note of the name of this file because you’ll need it later.
- Click Close.
What happens next?
Service accounts can take up to 24 hours to propagate through large domains. If you lose the key, repeat these steps to create a new one.