Summary: The GSA is currently at version A, and needs to be updated to version B. What's the update path?
Cause: If your GSA has not been updated for a while, most likely it will need to be updated to one or more intermediary versions before it can be updated to the latest version.
- Note the full software version strings in Version Manager. To connect to Version Manager, open the URL http://your_search_appliance:9941/ or https://your_search_appliance:9942/ in a web browser.
- Log into the Support Portal.
- Go to Resources > Google Search Appliance Software Updates >Supported Versions and the table under it.
- Use the "Software Prerequisite" column to determine which version of software you can update the search appliance to. Note: If the column doesn't contain the software version currently installed on the GSA, please file a support case.
- Repeat until you have updated the search appliance to the desired software version.