If you no longer want to participate in a group or receive the group’s emails, you have 2 options:
- Stop getting email from the group: You’re still a member of the group, but you no longer receive emails when there’s activity
- Leave the group: After you take this action, you can no longer access the group if it's not public
How to unsubscribe from a group
You can stop getting emails from a group by changing your settings or leaving the group.
Follow these steps:
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- Click My Groups.
- Choose a group.
- In the upper-right corner, click Leave this group.
- To stay in the group but stop getting emails, click Membership and email settings. Then, choose the Don't send email updates option.
- To leave the group and stop getting emails, click Leave group.
If you tried to unsubscribe and still get unwanted emails, try these solutions:
- Make sure you unsubscribed using the same email address that gets the group emails.
- Check whether the emails are forwarded from another address.
- Make sure you’re not signed up for the group with more than one email address.
- Check that you’re not subscribed to topics. In the upper right corner, click the settings icon, then My topic email subscriptions