If you're signed in to a work or school account, the options you see might be different. To learn more, contact your administrator.
If you no longer want to participate in a group or receive the group’s email, you can:
- Unsubscribe from email from the group—You’re still a member of the group, but you no longer receive email when there’s activity.
- Leave the group—After you take this action, you can no longer access the group if it's not public.
Unsubscribe or leave a group using Google Groups
You can stop getting email from a group by changing your settings or leaving the group.
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- Locate the group choose an option:
- To stay in the group but stop getting email, for Subscription, click the displayed optionselect No email.
- To leave the group and stop getting email, click Leave group Yes, leave group.
Unsubscribe and leave a group using email
To leave a group and stop getting email from it, you can send an email to group name+unsubscribe@group domain. For example, to leave the group firstname.lastname@example.org, you would send a message to email@example.com. You can send the request with no subject or body text.
Troubleshoot leaving a group
If you’re signed in to a work or school account, you can't leave a group that your administrator set to include all members of your work or school. For more information about leaving groups, check out I'm in groups I didn't join.
If you tried to unsubscribe and are still getting email, make sure:
- You unsubscribed using the same email address that gets the group email.
- The email is not being forwarded from an address that still belongs to the group. If they are, email the address and ask them to remove your address.
- You’re not signed up for the group with more than one email address. If you are, unsubscribe that email address as well.
- The group you left isn’t nested in another group. You will keep getting email from the second group, unless you leave it also.
- You’re on the desktop version of Google Groups. You can only leave a group from the desktop site.