Control visibility of the group posts
To control whether your group's posts appears in Google Groups search results and under the Recent Discussions section on the Google Groups Welcome screen:
- From the Topics screen, click on the Manage button. A list of items appears on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on Permissions. Several items are listed.
- Click on Basic permissions. The Basic permissions screen appears.
- Click on View topics menu.
- Select the people who can view Group posts in search results and under Recent Discussions.
- Click the Save button. Your settings are saved.