Configure member identity settings
The Identity screen contains a couple of group-wide options for member identity.
- From the Topics screen, click on the Manage button. A list of items appears on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on Settings. Several items are listed.
- Click on Identity. The Email options screen appears with a few group-wide identity settings.
- (optional) Select one of the Required forms of identity:
- Display name only - Allow people to post using a pseudonym such as "TheBoss."
- Google profile - Requires people to post using their real identity as part of their Google profile.
- Either display name or Google profile - Allows users to select between display name or real name when posting.
- (optional) Check the Display names are required to be unique within this group checkbox to require users to create unique display names (no two members will have the same display name).
- Click Save to save your Identity settings.
Was this article helpful?