Manage your group's email settings
You can use the Email Options menu to customize the emails sent to your group. Your settings let you:
- Add a subject prefix or email footer
- Set up an auto response
- Choose how replies are shared with the group
- Select the maximum size of a message sent to your group
- Tell people when a message they send isn't received by the group
Edit your email options
- Open Google Groups.
- Click My Groups > name of the group you want to edit.
- Click Manage in the upper-right corner.
- From the left-hand navigation menu, click Settings > Email Options.
- Make your changes and click Save in the upper-left corner.
|Setting||Description||How to make changes|
|Subject prefix||Add text to the subject lines of all messages posted to the group.||
To write your own, type your message into the text box.
To add a suggested option, check the box next to the one you like best.
|Email footer||Add text to the bottom of all messages posted to the group.||
To use a suggested option, check the box next to the one you like best.
To write your own text, check the box next to "Custom Text" and type your message in the box below.
|Auto replies||Automatically send a response when someone emails your group.||Check the box next to the option you like best, then type your text into the box below.|
|Post replies||Choose how replies are shared with the group.||Click the drop-down menu to select an option.|
|Bounced email notifications||Choose to let people know if a message they send is not received by the group.||Check the box if you want people to know when an email wasn't received.|