Become a Google Product Expert
If you're an active and knowledgeable member of a Google Product Forum, you can apply to join Google’s Product Experts Program. Product Experts (PEs) have opportunities to communicate directly with Google, test new products, and meet other experts from around the world.
How to become a Product Expert
Join the Product Experts Program by following these steps:
- Visit the Product Experts Program website and learn how you can join.
- Sign up to be a Google Product Expert by selecting a product and language you’re interested in.
- Share your knowledge and answer questions in the Google Help Communities or Help on Social.
Google Community Managers monitor the Help Communities and Help on Social. They select Product Experts based on the following criteria:
- Passion for Google products along with deep product knowledge
- Active interest in helping others, demonstrated by regular participation over a minimum of 3 months
- Excellent quality and tone in posts, with friendly and clear language
Leave the Product Expert Program
You can leave the Product Experts Program at any time by letting your Community Manager know. You’ll still have the title of PE Alumni, but you’ll be removed from all private PE forums. Any information that Googlers have shared with you during your time as a PE must remain confidential.
Annual program renewals
Product Experts membership is renewed annually based on past activity:
- Consistency of program participation
- Product knowledge in forum and social responses
- Respectful attitude toward users, other Product Experts, and Googlers. We want to make sure Product Forums are a safe and welcoming environment for everyone.
If your contributions no longer meet PE standards, you can lose your PE status. If you're at risk of not having your membership renewed, we’ll let you know in advance.