Become a Top Contributor in a Google Product Forum
If you're an active and knowledgeable member of a Google Product Forum, you can apply to become a Top Contributor. Top Contributors can get opportunities to test new products and directly communicate with Google.
Become a Top Contributor (TC)
Joining the program can take several months. Here are the basic steps of the process:
- Learn more about the program at the Top Contributor website.
- Choose a product and forum to focus on at https://productforums.google.com/forum.
- Join discussions and answer questions in the forum you chose.
Before becoming a TC, you might get the status of Rising Star. If you do, a Rising Star badge will appears on your Forum profile. When you become a TC, the TC badge will appear.
It's up to Google’s discretion whether Forum contributors gain Top Contributor status. As you participate, keep in mind that Google selects Top Contributors based on:
- Regular participation over a minimum of 4 months
- Excellent quality and tone in posts that are friendly, clear, and accurate
- Deep knowledge about and enthusiasm for your chosen product
Leave the Top Contributor Program
You can leave the Top Contributor Program at any time by letting your Community Manager know. You’ll still have the title of TC Alumni, but you’ll be removed from private TC forums. Any information that Googlers have shared with you during your time as a TC remains confidential.
Yearly evaluation of TCs
TCs are reviewed on a yearly basis based on:
- Consistency of participation
- Product knowledge in Forum responses
- Attitude toward other TCs and participants
- Contribution to Forum initiatives
- Interactions with the Google team
If your contributions no longer meet TC standards, you can lose your TC membership. If you're at risk of not having your membership renewed, we'll let you know several months in advance.