Moderate pending posts
You will have to approve forum posts if administrators of the group have turned on moderation (either when creating a group or editing group settings). Pending posts will be deleted after 7 days if they are not approved. The sender isn't notified if their pending message isn't approved within the 7 days. A moderator is a group member who has the Approve Messages permission set up.
To approve a post:
- From the Topics screen, click on the Settings menu (). A list of menu items appears.
- Select Manage messages. The Manage messages screen is displayed.
- Click on a post to read its contents.
- Click on the checkbox next to the post. Four buttons appear at the top of the screen.
- Click one of the four buttons:
- Post ( )
- Post and always allow future messages from author ( ) (This feature will only work for messages which are not detected as Spam by Google Groups. A message detected as Spam will have the symbol next to the topic).
- Report spam and ban author(s) from this forum ( )
- Remove ( )