Create a new role
Any member with the Modify Members Sets permission can create a role with specific permissions and members.
Note: Only three roles can have the Take and Assign permission.
To create a role:
- From the Topics screen, click on the Manage button. A list of items appears on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on Roles. The Roles item is listed.
- Click on Roles. A list of roles appears in the main window.
- Click on the Create button. The Create role screen is displayed.
- Type a name in the 'Name' field. Your role name will be the alternative text displayed for the group’s badge. Ensure you are using a good, publicly sharable name for the role. Also ensure your role is singular (for example, Top Contributor, not Top Contributors).
- (optional) Type a description in the 'Description' field.
- (optional) Type domains in the 'Domain restriction' field to restrict members with email accounts in those domains.
- (optional) Click 'Add badge' to include a badge for the role. Badges must be 16 by 16 pixels and .png or .gif file format.
- (optional) Click the Display badge next to member names checkbox if you want to be able to identify members by their role.
- (optional) Type a name in the 'Members' field to search the current members of the group.
- (optional) Click the Add Members button to add a current group member to this role.
- (optional) Click 'Edit' to edit permissions for the role. Refer to Assigning permissions to a role for further information.
- Click Save to save your new role.