Create a welcome message
One of the first things you might do to set up a new group is to create your welcome message welcoming visitors and new members. To create a welcome message:
- From the Home screen, click on My groups button. A list of your groups appears.
- Click on the group to create or change it’s welcome message. The Topics screen appears with a list of all current topics. If your group does not have a welcome message, “This group does not have a welcome message” is displayed below the group name.
- Click on the Add welcome message link. A field appears with a formatting toolbar at the top.
- Type your welcome message in the field.
- (optional) Format your welcome message using options in the formatting toolbar.
- Click the Save button. Your welcome message appears at the bottom of the list of responses.