If you're signed in to a work or school account, the options you see might be different. To learn more, contact your administrator.
If you’re suddenly getting mail from Google Groups at the primary email address listed on your personal Google Account, this means that you were using an alternate email address for receiving Groups emails, but you can no longer do so.
This restriction takes place if:
- Your work, school, or other group signs up your @mydomain.com domain for Google Workspace.
- You have the @mydomain.com address listed as an alternate address on your personal Google Account.
In this case, Google removes the address as an alternate email address on any Google Accounts you’ve set up. If you’ve set any groups to send email to your alternate email address, Google now delivers emails from Groups to the primary email address on your Google Account.
If you prefer, you can choose a different address for receiving email from Groups.
Change the email address for receiving Groups emails
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- Search or browse for the group you want.
- On the left, click My membership settings.
- Under Email used for membership, click the email address shownselect a different one.
- Click Save changes.