Google Product Forums Posting Guidelines
Follow these guidelines to help keep Google Product Forums a place for accurate, appropriate, and helpful discussions about Google products.
These rules apply to everyone using the forums, including those with special badges, Top Contributors, and Google employees.
How to participate
- Create topics and posts related to the specific Google product that is the focus of that forum. To discuss another Google product, you can visit that product’s forum.
- Choose the most relevant category for your topics. Using the correct category helps other forum visitors to find and contribute to your topic.
- Create posts that are related to the question or discussion to which you’re responding. Use "Search" to find questions or discussions that are related to your interests. If you are unable to find a related topic, start a new one by clicking New topic. If a post is off-topic, out-of-date, or no longer relevant, forum threads may be removed from Google search.
- Create clear and concise topic subjects and posts. Subjects should not be in all capital letters. Include only important URLs. Posts with excessive URLs will be removed.
- Do not include personal information. To ensure your safety, security, and privacy, never post your email address or any personal information you don’t want to share. Be cautious if you choose to contact others offline or ask others to contact you.
- Be respectful of others’ opinions. When disagreeing on an issue, stay polite and assume good intent.
Rules about posting
If your posts violate these rules, your topic or post might be removed. In more serious cases, you might lose forum access or your Google Account.
Posts must not contain the following types of content:
- Spam. Spam includes, but is not limited to, any promotional, commercial, or adult content, multiple instances of the same post, posts with URLs or content unrelated to the question, and including malware, viruses, or anything that may disrupt service or harm others.
- Nudity and sexually explicit material. We don't allow nudity, sexually explicit material, or content that directs traffic to commercial pornography sites.
- Harassment or violent behavior. We don't allow behavior that harasses, threatens, or bullies any forum participants, Google employees, or anyone else. Harassment can take many forms including stalking, repetitive pestering of a targeted individual, profanity, unwanted sexualization, etc.
- Hate speech. We don't allow the promotion of hatred toward groups of people based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, sexual orientation/gender identity, or affiliation with any other protected group.
- Impersonation. We don't allow impersonation of others or other behavior that is misleading.
- Private and confidential information. We don't allow unauthorized publishing of people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, Social Security numbers, driver's and other license numbers, addresses, or any other information that is not publicly accessible.
Forum participation agreement
By participating in these forums, you agree to abide by these guidelines. Breaking these guidelines might result in your post being removed. Severe abuses might lead to harsher penalties including warning or removal of individuals involved.
If you believe that someone is violating these posting guidelines, flag their post or thread for review.
- To flag a single post, next to the post, click More Flag for abuse.
- To flag the entire thread, in the top right, click Actions Report abuse.
Please read the Google Terms of Service for more information. We reserve the right to change these guidelines at any point in our effort to keep the forum helpful, user-friendly, and safe. We may limit or restrict your participation in the product forums at our discretion.