Google Product Forums Posting Guidelines
The Google Product Forums are unmoderated, but we've created a few ground rules and best practices to make these forums a great place to discuss our products.
The ground rules for participating in a Google Product forum are:
- Create topics and posts related to the forum's subject (a specific Google product). If you have questions about or want to discuss another Google product, please visit that product’s forum.
- Choose the most appropriate category for your topics. Using the appropriate category makes it easier for other forum visitors to find and contribute to your topic.
- Create posts that are related to the question or discussion to which you are responding. Use search to find questions or discussions that are related to your interests. If you are unable to find a related topic, you may start a new one using the "Post a question" button. Multiple off-topic replies may lead to forum suspension.
- Create clear and concise topic subjects and posts. Subjects should not be in all capital letters. Include only important URLs (posts with excessive URLs will be removed).
- Do not include personal information. To ensure your safety, security, and privacy, never post your email address or any personal information you don’t want to share with the world. Be cautious if you choose to contact others offline or ask others to contact you.
Ground rules for contentPosting certain types of content might result in the removal of your topic or post. In more serious cases, the poster might be banned from the group or lose access to your Google Account. Posts must not contain the following types of content:
- Spam. In these forums, we're all responsible for keeping the community spam-free. Spam includes, but is not limited to, any promotional, commercial, or adult content, multiple instances of the same post, posts with URLs unrelated to the question, and the transmission of malware, viruses, or anything that may disrupt service or harm others.
- Nudity and sexually explicit material. We don't allow nudity or sexually explicit material. We also don't allow content that drives traffic to commercial pornography sites.
- Violent or bullying behavior. We don't allow threatening, harassing, or bullying of other users. This includes using profanity to abuse others.
- Hate speech. We don't allow the promotion of hatred toward groups of people based on their race or ethnic origin, religion, disability, gender, age, veteran status, or sexual orientation/gender identity.
- Impersonation. We don't allow impersonation of others or other behavior that is misleading.
- Private and confidential information. We don't allow unauthorized publishing of people's private and confidential information, such as credit card numbers, Social Security numbers, driver's and other license numbers, or any other information that is not publicly accessible.
- Copyright. We will respond to clear notices of alleged copyright infringement. Please flag any copyright material as such by clicking the Report Abuse link and selecting the 'Copyright' option.
By participating in these forums, you agree to abide by these guidelines. Breaking these guidelines might result in your post being removed. Severe abuses may lead to harsher penalties. Please read the Google Terms of Service for further information. We reserve the right to change these guidelines at any point in our effort to keep the forum clean, user-friendly, and safe. If you believe that someone is violating these posting guidelines, use the Report Abuse link on the post. If you click Report Abuse, we'll try to promptly review your report and take action, if appropriate.
Let's work together to keep these forums a clean and friendly environment. Happy posting!