Enable and create tags for a group
Tags are special words used to associate topics with subjects. Tags are created by a group administrator for the group and then applied by members to individual topics. For example, an administrator of a group called "Smart Phones" might create a tag called "android." Group members can assign this tag to topics in the group to identify the subject as relating to "android."
To create tags for a group:
- From the Topics screen, click on the Manage button. A list of items appears on the left-hand side of the screen.
- Click on Settings. Several items are listed.
- Click on Tags. The Tags screen appears.
- Click on the Enable tags button to enable tags for the group. A menu and a field appear.
- (optional) Click the Users must enter at least one tag box to force users to use to associate at least one tag with their posts.
- (optional) Select a number from the Maximum number of tags (per topic) menu.
- Type a comma-separated list of tags in the 'Tag Suggestions' field.
- Press return (MacOS X) or Enter (Microsoft Windows) after your list of tags. The new tags are listed above the Tag Suggestions field.