Link your Google profile to your Groups account
If you've used Google+, written a review on Google Maps, or added books to your Google Book Search library, you probably have a Google Profile. A Google Profile contains information about you such as a photo, location, occupation, school, and birthday. You can link your Google Profile to your appearance in a Google Group:
- Sign in to Google Groups.
- Go to the group you would like to join or have joined.
- If you have not yet joined the group, click Join group next to the name of the group. If you are already a member of the group, click the My Settings button, then click Membership and email settings.
- Check the box next to "Link to my Google profile and show my photo on posts." If you are a Google Apps user, your profile might be specific to your organization.
- Select your other choices for joining the group, including if you would like to use a nickname instead of your full name when posting to this group.
- If you choose "Use the full name from my Google Profile", your name in your Google profile will be used the group. For example, "Joe Smith."
- If you you choose "Use this nickname," your nickname followed by your name in your profile, in parentheses, will be used in the group. For example, "BigJoe (Joe Smith),
- If you choose "Use this nickname," and you don't have a profile linked to Google Groups, your nickname will be used in the group. For example, "BigJoe."
- When done, click Save.