Find and join a group
Groups usually have a name that indicates the subject of the group, such as "cooking" or "music." To find and join a group:
- From the Home screen, type a subject, such as "cooking" in the search field.
- Press the Search button. A list of groups and messages is displayed.
- Click on a group name, such as "Live music." The Topics screen appears displaying a series of topics.
- Click on the 'Join group' button. The Join group dialog box appears.
- Fill in the options on the Join Group dialog box.
- Click the Join this group button. You are now a member of the group.
An open group is configured to grant you immediate membership. A restricted group requires approval from an administrator before you are added to a group. A private group requires you to click on a link to request membership from the owner.
Note: Google cannot intervene in the approval process for private groups. Contact the group owner if you need your approval expedited.