Tags are special words used to associate topics with subjects. Tags are created by a group administrator for the group and then applied by members to individual topics. For example, an administrator of a group called "Smart Phones" might create a tag called "android." Group members can assign this tag to topics in the group to identify the subject as relating to "android." Refer to Creating tags for a group for further information on creating tags for a group (system administrators-only).
To tag a topic when creating a topic:
- From the New topic screen, click on the tags (at the bottom and in blue) you want to add to the topic. Tags appear in the field as they are added. Refer to Creating a new topic for further information.
- Click Post to post the topic.
To tag a topic after a topic has been created:
- From the Topic screen, click on the 'add tags' link next to the topic's title. The Edit Tags dialog box appears.
- Click on the tags (in blue; next to "suggested tags") you want to add to the topic. Tags appear in the field as they are added.
- Click Save changes. Tags are added to the topic.