My membership settings
You can use your group membership settings to customize your name and email address in a group, whether or not you show your photo and a link to your Google profile, and how often you get email from the group.
Choose your group membership settings.
- Go to Google Groups.
- Near the top left corner, click My Groups.
- Find the name of the group > next to your name, click Edit.
- Pick your settings using the "Setting options and how to choose them" section of this article.
- In the lower left corner, click Save.
Setting options and how to choose them
- Change your name in the group: To the right of your name, click Edit and type your preferred name.
- Hide or show your photo and a link to your Google profile in group posts:
- To show your photo and profile, check the box next to "Link to my Google profile and show my photo on posts."
- To hide your photo and profile, uncheck the box next to "Link to my Google profile and show my photo on posts."
- Change your email address in the group: In the middle of the box, click on your email address and from the drop-down, pick the email you want to use.
- Choose how frequently you get email from the group: Click the drop-down menu on the line below your email address. You can choose any of the following options.
- Don't send email updates: You won't get emails, but you can still see posts by logging in to Google Groups and clicking on that group.
- Send daily summaries: On days when people post to the group, you'll only get one email that includes every message that was sent.
- Send combined updates: You'll get one email for every 25 posts to the group.
- Send me an email for every new message: You'll get an email anytime someone posts to the group.
Tip: If you post something and want to receive updates every time someone responds, check the box next to "Automatically subscribe me to email updates when I post to a topic."
Important: You won't be able to get daily summaries or combined updates if your group's messages aren't archived by Google Groups. But you can ask the owner of your group to change this setting using these instructions.